Saturday, December 19, 2015

Keep moving forward

Got out and ran today for the first time in a week.  I had been laid up with a little "issue" (we are all adults here, I had a hemorrhoid ok?) and then literally laid off from my most current job. So between dealing with both of those pains in the ass (pun intended), I literally didn't run or hit the gym at all this past week.

I was so glad to get out today.  I felt like me again.  I ran with my group, Lifetime Run-North Austin.  I have made a lot of really great friends from this group.  A few had known about my struggles this week.  So I got a chance to catch them up and hear their opinions.  And others, were just great to be around and encouraged by.

Running is so important to me and I am so glad that I will have so much more time to focus on it now.  I am doing the Austin Half Marathon on February 14th, 2016.  One of my goals for the past couple of years was to run a half marathon by 35 and a full by 40.  I may not have done the half BY 35 but I will finish my first one BEFORE 36, so I'm excited about that.

At the end of the day, as with running and life, you have to "keep moving forward" (my motto and what you will find on my RoadID).

No comments:

Post a Comment